Being a United States citizen may allow you to enjoy many of the privileges provided by the government. When you complete the naturalization process, you will experience first hand the many benefits U.S. citizenship will bring to your life. Naturalization is an extremely important process that requires the attention of an experienced citizenship and immigration attorney. At The Toribio Law Firm, we help individuals from around the world obtain U.S. citizenship and guide them through the naturalization process.
U.S. citizenship is obtained by one of two ways: birth or naturalization. Unless you are born in the United States, or your parents were United States citizens at the time of your birth, you are required to go through the naturalization process to obtain citizenship. At The Toribio Law Firm we will help you file important documents, review your citizenship application, handle any issues or problems that may arise, and prepare you for your interview with the USCIS.
There are certain requirements you must meet in order to qualify for U.S. citizenship:
- You must have lived in the U.S. as a legal permanent resident for at least five years; if you are married to a U.S. citizen, you must have had permanent residency for three years
- You were present in the U.S. for three of those five years
- You are at least 18 years old
- You did not make any other country your permanent home during your permanent residency in the U.S.
- You have good character, no criminal arrests, etc.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- You must know the history and government of the United States
- You must pledge your allegiance to the United States and accept the principles of the U.S. Constitution
Once you have become a U.S citizen, you can start enjoying all the rights, benefits, and privileges U.S. citizenship has to offer. At The Toribio Law Firm, our immigration attorneys help people throughout Florida, New York, the United States, and around the world petition for U.S. Citizenship. Our immigration attorneys are knowledgeable, experienced, and well-equipped to answer your questions and help you understand the naturalization process.
Our attorneys also assist individuals that have been initially denied a request for citizenship to appeal the decision of the USCIS officer. On many occasions the initial determination of USCIS to deny a citizenship application is incorrect. Our experienced naturalization appeal attorneys frequently assist our clients in filing a successful appeal after an initial denial of a naturalization petition.
If you are interested in obtaining U.S. citizenship, contact our immigration and citizenship attorneys at The Toribio Law Firm, PL today for an initial consultation.